Ownership and corporate governance
Royal Bank of Canada
BlueBay is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada (“RBC”), one of the largest banks in the world based on market capitalisation and one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies. RBC carries out its activities in five business segments; Personal and Commercial Banking; Wealth Management; Insurance; Investor and Treasury Services; and Capital Markets. BlueBay forms part of RBC Global Asset Management, a Group included in RBC’s Wealth Management business segment.
As a member of the RBC Group, BlueBay is subject to additional oversight on Corporate Governance matters via RBC’s Subsidiary Governance Office.
BlueBay is an English limited liability partnership, domiciled in the United Kingdom and regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority. BlueBay is also registered with the US Securities and Exchange Commission and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. The investment management business of BlueBay was transferred from BlueBay Asset Management (Services) Ltd (“BBAM Services”) to BlueBay LLP’s (“the LLP”) corporate structure on 2 April 2012 and all regulatory permissions and passports held by BBAM Services were transferred to the LLP at that time. The Partnership represents the senior body of key managers and decision makers of the LLP.
The Board is responsible for reviewing the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal controls; the risk management processes and the legal, regulatory and compliance functions. It meets on a quarterly basis; agrees BlueBay Group's strategic direction; and approves the Group Annual Budget and multi-year Financial Plan. Regular financial information is provided to the Board in addition to the Board Packs, in the form of a monthly Management Accounting Pack.
The Board has established two Group Committees to oversee certain aspects of BlueBay’s business activities; the Remuneration Committee and the Management Committee.
BlueBay Asset Management LLP Board
Independent board members
- Jim Pettigrew - Chair
- Maria Bentley - Remuneration Committee Chair
- Damon Williams - Chief Executive Officer, RBC Global Asset Management
- Dan Chornous - Chief Investment Officer, RBC Global Asset Management
- Doug Guzman - Group Head, RBC Wealth Management & RBC Insurance
- Sandra Aversa - Vice President Finance, RBC Wealth Management
- Erich Gerth - Partner, Chief Executive Officer
- Luc Leclercq - Partner, Chief Operating Officer & Chief Risk Officer
- Mark Dowding - Partner, Chief Investment Officer
- Erich Gerth - Partner, Chief Executive Officer, Member of the BlueBay Asset Management LLP Board, Member of the RBC GAM Executive Committee
- James Brace - Partner, General Counsel and Partnership Secretary
- Luc Leclercq - Partner, Chief Operating Officer & Chief Risk Officer, Member of the BlueBay Asset Management LLP Board
- Mark Dowding - Partner, Chief Investment Officer, Member of the BlueBay Asset Management LLP Board
- Monique Brown - Partner, Head of HR
- Anthony Pickering - Partner, Global Head of Sales
- Jayne Fieldhouse - Partner, Head of Communications and Marketing
- Siu-Wai Ng - Partner, Head of Product Development
Policies and disclosures
BlueBay Asset Management LLP (‘BBAM’) is a signatory to the standards set out by the Standards Board for Alternative Investments (SBAI). To conform to the Standards, BBAM is required to make a disclosure statement available to investors, which sets out those Standards with which BBAM does not fully comply, and an explanatory statement detailing why it does not comply. This document is the statement which fulfils both requirements. Download full document: SBAI Disclosure Statement 2020
BlueBay incorporates ESG factors into its investment activities. We believe ESG factors can potentially have a material impact on an issuer’s long-term financial performance. Click here to find out more about our approach to ESG.