Marc Stacey joins us on the BlueBay Insights podcast to share his views on the current market.
We asked Marc:
- Can you explain what national champion banks are, how they influence the economy and their importance to investors?
- In your view, will only the national champions likely make it through this crisis, or are you finding other attractive bank holdings through bottom-up issuer selection?
- Banks were deemed villains following the global financial crisis back in 2008 but could potentially prove heroes this time – can you explain why this is?
- How long do you think the current dividend freeze will last? For investors, what are the potential implications and will AT1 coupon payments be impacted?
- Your investment approach has always focused on fundamentals – how are things looking right now?
- Is now looking like a good market entry point, in your view?