Junior Fund Accountant
Manager – Fund Accounting
Working as part of a team to manage the underlying portfolio of assets and in reconciling the BlueBay fund valuation with that of the fund’s appointed administrator, across different investment strategies.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Understanding the products in the relevant funds and coordinating the production of daily, weekly or monthly NAVs by reconciling BlueBay’s Fund valuations with the administrators.
- Adhering to BlueBay’s pricing policy; investigating and resolving valuation issues, significant price fluctuations cash breaks and trade capture issues; responding to ad-hoc queries from administrators and preparing reports for both internal and external parties.
- Obtaining internal sign-off of portfolio valuations and returns from the portfolio management team on a daily basis.
- Participating in ad hoc projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Liaising with external auditors as and when required.
- Ensure that accurate and timely reporting from Fund Accounting is provided to both internal & external recipients.
- Acts with integrity, due skill, care and diligence in carrying out their role.
- Has full understanding and/or awareness of:
- BlueBay's Compliance Manual with specific focus on the PA Dealing, Gifts and Entertaining and Conflicts of Interest Policy
- BlueBay’s Employee Handbook
- Sets high standards of performance for self and strives to meet challenging objectives. Acts with integrity and within both the spirit and the letter of BlueBay's principles, policies and procedures.
- Considers own role within the commercial context and focusses on the client. Respects obligations to internal and external clients and investors and treat clients fairly.
- Displays a positive and energetic attitude, gets involved and proactively seeks out opportunities to advance the business.
- Consistently displays a ‘can-do’ attitude, perseveres in the face of setbacks and remains calm and professional under pressure.
- Establishes and maintains good relationships and works effectively and cooperatively with others. Communicates constructively, engages others positively and readily shares information and ideas.
- Seeks out insightful, smart ideas to raise personal and team standards. Demonstrates the ability to think creatively to find solutions. Responds quickly and positively to change and maintains effectiveness when experiencing change. Invests time in learning new skills and gaining new experiences.
- Recent Graduate (Bachelors degree - Math’s, Finance / Accounting etc.)
- Highly numerate (ability to research and resolve inquiries/data)
- Conscientious, resilient, excellent attention to detail
- Strong written and communication skills
- Proficient user of Excel
Apply for this job
If you're interested in this opportunity please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.