Manager - Data Management Office
To support the execution of specific data standards, initiatives and drive forward the culture of good data practice and data governance within BlueBay.
The DMO is responsible for embedding a data management culture into the organization by proactively challenging the way the firm works with data
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish clear data ownership and accountability
- Support the execution of specific data standards and initiatives
- Collaborative mind-set with the ability to bring teams to work together towards a common goal, listen to different views and facilitate decision making in a proactive manner
- Ability to work with data owners, evaluating situations quickly with the ability to accurately diagnose the source issue of data quality incidents
- Establish key performance indicators with respective data owners, to accurately monitor data quality; specifically, completeness, accuracy, timeliness and consistency.
- Attend incident meeting to understand data related issues and devise data quality metrics to measure progress and overall data improvements.
- Methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail and excellent organisational skills, including the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines Problem solver thinking of new ideas and challenge existing workflows, to improve data quality and levels of data assurance
- Acts with integrity, due skill, care and diligence in carrying out their role.
- Has full understanding and/or awareness of:
- BlueBay's Compliance Manual with specific focus on the PA Dealing, Gifts and Entertaining and Conflicts of Interest Policy
- BlueBay’s Employee Handbook
Management and Leadership Responsibilities
- Co-operates with colleagues across the firm and promotes successful team performance in line with strategic objectives, primarily to improve data quality across the firm
- Team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work, and a motivated self-starter
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, both written and oral; comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
- Complies with all relevant policies and procedures applicable to them and their role at the firm
- Sets high standards of performance for self and strives to meet challenging objectives. Acts with integrity and within both the spirit and the letter of BlueBay's principles, policies and procedures.
- Displays a positive and energetic attitude, gets involved and proactively seeks out opportunities to improve data quality
- Consistently displays a ‘can-do’ attitude, perseveres in the face of setbacks and remains calm and professional under pressure.
- Establishes and maintains good relationships and works effectively and cooperatively with others. Communicates constructively, engages others positively and readily shares information and ideas.
- Seeks out insightful, smart ideas to raise personal and team standards. Demonstrates the ability to think creatively to find solutions. Responds quickly and positively to change and maintains effectiveness when experiencing change. Invests time in learning new skills and gaining new experiences.
- Work collaboratively with Data Owners to identify data related solutions and engineer ways to improve overall processes and data governance
- Seek to handover engineered processes with procedures and guidance to data owners to ensure robust, ongoing monitoring.
Apply for this job
If you're interested in this opportunity please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.