Head of Sales Northern Europe
The Associate is responsible for providing sales support for the Northern Europe region. Assists with a broad range of sales, onboarding and relationship support functions, coordinating marketing initiatives.
London initially with a view to move to Munich after approx.12 months
Main duties and responsibilities
- Supporting the sales plan for the Northern Europe region in-line with the broader departmental strategy and longer-term firm vision.
- Supporting the execution of the firm’s distribution initiatives and the development and implementation of scalable, cost effective, and best practice regional sales processes.
- Training to develop presentation skills in order to build commercial confidence and progress in seniority and responsibility.
- Hosting calls and meetings when required and where appropriate.
- Manning the desk / office-based support when regional colleagues are out of the office.
- Researching new areas for business development activities
- Working with the Presentations team, the regional team and the investment teams to prepare, briefing notes and meeting materials. Liaising with the relevant teams to ensure that follow-ups are logged and executed accurately and within agreed deadlines.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues in all related functions to build strong internal relationships to support regional business development effectively.
- Maintaining and leveraging the Client Management System; to include taking responsibility for the quality of content and accuracy of the data input, capturing and reporting activity to help monitor progress against broader departmental and firm objectives.
- Responding to audit queries; sourcing items for client annual reports; building and maintaining personal and team knowledge of the regulatory environment in which the firm’s clients operate.
- Having an expert knowledge of BlueBay’s product offering; being able to explain the history, philosophy and development of the firm.
- Support on-boarding, transitions, mandate changes, fee & rebate changes and off-boarding; collaborating with Client Operations and Legal to ensure smooth and timely execution of contracts and agreements.
- Is aware of all marketing prohibitions, licensing requirements and permitted activities in the jurisdictions for which they are responsible.
- Ensures that they/colleagues act at all times in accordance with applicable local laws so that funds and services are marketed only to eligible clients.
- Understands, follows and promotes compliance with BlueBay’s Policies and Procedures Manual with specific focus on Business Development, Client Relations, global marketing and media policy. Has a good understanding of BlueBay’s Employee Handbook.
- Ensure electronic communications, meetings and calls with investors are compliant, appropriate and recorded in Salesforce.
- Has a strong interest in financial markets and a good understanding of fixed income investing
- German language skills are a must Dutch also of benefit
- Strong writing skills in German and English are a must (any other additional European language is advantageous)
- Imposes high standards of personal performance and strives to meet challenging objectives. Acts with integrity and within both the spirit and the letter of BlueBay's principles, policies and procedures.
- Has a strong understanding of financial markets and instruments. Engages in specific training where appropriate.
- Considers own role within the commercial context and focusses on delivering high quality client service. Respects obligations to internal and external clients and investors and treats clients fairly.
- Displays a positive and energetic attitude and proactively seeks out opportunities to advance the business.
- Consistently displays a ‘can-do’ attitude, perseveres in the face of setbacks and remains calm and professional under pressure.
- Establishes and maintains good relationships, is highly collaborative, communicates constructively, engages others positively and readily shares information and ideas.
- Seeks out insightful, intelligent and creative ideas to raise personal and team standards and find solutions.
- Responds quickly and positively to change and maintains effectiveness when experiencing change. Invests time in learning new skills and gaining new experiences.
- Works well independently
Apply for this job
If you're interested in this opportunity please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.