Our business is built on a culture of innovation and collaboration. Since our inception, we have continuously sought to invest in progressive solutions for our clients
We were founded in 2001 on two key themes:
- To take advantage of the new European corporate debt market created by the launch of the euro
- In anticipation of the expansion of emerging market fixed income as an institutional asset class
Beginning as entrepreneurs we have continued to innovate by creating new products and applying different techniques to a range of fixed income solutions on a global basis.
People are our key to success. We have always focused on attracting and keeping talented individuals. These specialists work in close collaboration to provide solutions and services for our clients.
Clients are at the heart of our business. We actively seek to partner with them to provide investment solutions to meet their requirements. Our investment focus is on alpha generation over the credit cycle with capital preservation a key consideration.
We believe we were one of the first asset managers to:
- Use credit default swaps in our UCITS funds
- Launch a dedicated global long/short credit hedge fund
- Separately analyse rates and FX in local emerging markets
- Devise an emerging markets strategy combining hard and local currency assets against a blended benchmark
- Apply European corporate debt expertise to European sovereign debt, and develop an aggregate corporate and sovereign strategy
- Launch an investment grade, global absolute return strategy
- Have both a private and public debt offering
We have a history of collaborating with other stakeholders in the industry, such as working with benchmark providers and consultants in order to provide clients with products to meet their requirements.
Royal Bank of Canada
We became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada in 2010 with full investment autonomy and substantial operational independence.