Polina Kurdyavko joins us on the BlueBay Insights podcast to share her perspectives on Emerging Markets.
We asked Polina:
- Over the past weekend the Ecuadorian government reached an agreement in principle with a major group of private bondholders which included BlueBay. How does this negotiation compare with previous restructuring talks that you have been involved in?
- Do you expect the sovereign debt re-profiling theme to be one of your key focus areas for the rest of the year? What other countries will be talking to creditors and how significant is Ecuador’s precedent for other negotiations?
- How has the easing of lockdown restrictions impacted economic activity in various Emerging Market countries?
- So far this calendar year has been very atypical in many aspects. Do you expect any of the normal summer seasonality trends in terms of liquidity and asset price volatility to apply this time around?
- And lastly can you comment on the opportunities you are seeing on the more illiquid side of the EM investment universe.