Polina Kurdyavko joins us on the BlueBay Insights podcast to share her perspectives on Emerging Markets.
We asked Polina:
- Emerging market currencies have risen by around 7% relative to the US dollar over the past month. Do you think they are simply rebounding to pre sell-off levels or is this the beginning of a more sustained rally?
- Emerging market sovereign hard-currency bond issuance is running at record pace compared to prior years. Should investors interpret that positively or negatively?
- From a corporate perspective, which companies are the most resilient to the current economic conditions and similarly which ones are showing signs of stress?
- In terms of investment opportunities across emerging market debt, do you have preferred credit-rating or maturity buckets?
- How would summarise your investment view as we move into the second half of 2020?