How demographic change will accelerate the rise of emerging markets and heighten the governance challenge in the developed world.
Did you know:
- China’s population will decline by 400 million people between 2050 and 2100. This is without historical precedent.
- India’s population will reach 1.5 billion by 2100 – 500 million more than any other country.
- Democratic Republic of the Congo currently has the same population as Germany, by 2100 this will grow to 360 million.
- Eastern European countries, such as Poland, Hungary, Ukraine and Bulgaria, may witness their populations declining between a third and half this century.
- By 2100, the UK will have the largest population in Western Europe.
We believe crafting a successful response to the challenges presented by demographics, identity and migration will be key to electoral success as we head into the 2020s.
How countries cope with these challenges could also be one of the greatest indicators of investment potential.
Want to know more?